“We have only one earth and only one chance to make right the wrongs we have committed, so let’s not blow it, shall we” (MJR)
What is Clean Bali Series and what does it do?
Clean Bali Series is a non-profit organization that focuses on environmental education. We have and continue to publish a series of the hardback, full-color illustration, children’s environmental books in three languages (Bahasa Indonesia, Balinese, and English). The books focus on the pollution problems of the different areas of the island of Bali (beach, rice fields, and mountains) and of Indonesia as a whole.
The books are distributed free of charge to schools, educational programs, and environmental organizations. We also provide an additional support and information (environmental programs, book readings, storytelling, songs, games, posters etc.) for the schools, educational programs, and environmental organizations that receive our books.
The books are also available for purchase at various retail shops and bookstores in Bali and Jakarta. ALL PROCEEDS from the retail sales of the books are used to print additional copies of the books in the series to be distributed free of charge to schools, educational programs, and environmental groups.
What is the purpose of the “Clean Bali Series”?
– To bring attention to the pollution problems here in Bali and Indonesia as well as the rest of the world.
– To provide information, basic education and an understanding of these pollution problems and their causes, as well as possible solutions to them.
– To prepare this generation and future generations through our efforts, to be better prepared for and better able to make educated and informed decisions when dealing with present and future pollution issues.
What are our short and long term goals?
– Our short-term goals are to continue publishing and distributing the two books that we have published (“Penyu and Lumba-lumba” / “Turtle and Dolphin” and “Burung Camar dan Kokokan” / “Seagull and Heron”) as well as finish the third book in the series, “Rajawali dan Anak-anak” / “Rajawali and the Children”.
– We are also in the finishing stages of printing a two language paperback teachers’ guide with information and lesson plans to accompany the three books in the series. The teachers’ guide will be distributed for free to schools, educational programs, and environmental groups.
– Start a network with or join other environmental groups to further promote and educate children about the pollution problems here in Bali and elsewhere in the world.